New My Passport Wireless SSD and SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD designed to support photographers who require high speed, high capacity storage in their workflow.
Designed for avid photographers and drone enthusiasts who require durable and high-performance media capture solutions, Western Digital Corporation launched two new portable SSDs in Malaysia, including the My Passport Wireless SSD and the SanDisk Extreme® Portable SSD.
My Passport Wireless SSD
The My Passport Wireless SSD is an all in one portable drive that helps preserve photos and videos captured on cameras or drones. The device features one-touch card copy to enable editing and sharing of content out in the field, as well as a new capability to directly access the device within third-party mobile creative apps, like FiLMiC Pro and LumaFusion.
Below are more features of the Western Digital My Passport Wireless SSD
- Built-in SDTM card reader with up to 65MB/s* read speeds and one-touch copy button that makes it easy to quickly back up photos and videos from an SD card without a computer or additional software
- Durable, shock-resistant SSD inside that helps keep content safe from shock, vibrations and drops up to one (1) meter, even when the drive is in operation
- Fast SSD transfer speeds (up to 390MB/s read) when using the USB 3.0 port to move files to and from PC or Mac computers
- All-day battery life (up to 10 hours** of continuous use)
- Wirelessly stream 4K videos*** and view photos with the My CloudTM mobile app
- RAW image support. Visit support.wd.com for a full list of supported RAW images.
SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD
The rugged SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD delivers high-speed transfers with up to 550MB/s read speeds****, making it perfect for saving and editing high resolution photos and videos. Its IP55 rating mean it can stand up to hazards such as rain, splashes, spills and dust.1 Offered in capacities up to 2TB*****, the new SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD is perfect for extensive photo shoots – giving users the capacity to take their portfolio with them on the go, or back up instantly while out in the field.
Below are more features of the SanDisk Extreme® Portable SSD
- High-speed transfers with up to 550MB/s read speeds
- Rugged, water- and dust-resistant (IP55 rated); Shock-resistant solid state core for greater durability3
- Compact and designed to fit in the palm of your hand, the SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD delivers high-performance and capacity in a pocket-sized drive
- Works with both PC and Mac computers and comes with a 3-year limited warranty2
Pricing and Availability
The My Passport Wireless SSD is backed by a two-year limited warranty and will be available by end of July at all leading IT retail outlets across Malaysia & online stores including Lazada, 11street and Shopee. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) starts from RM 1,099.00 for 250GB, RM 1,499.00 for 500GB, RM 2,299.00 for 1TB and RM 3,699.00 for 2TB.
The SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD has a three-year limited warranty and is available now at all leading IT retail outlets across Malaysia & online stores including Lazada, 11street and Shopee. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) starts from RM 529.00 for 250GB, RM 829.00 for 500GB, RM 1,699.00 for 1TB and RM 3,299.00 for 2TB.
*Performance varies based on SD card speed class and read/write specifications.
**Based on streaming HD 720p, 3 Mbps video to one device over Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz single band only. Actual battery life depends on file size, type, format, bitrate, devices connected, Wi-Fi connectivity, settings and other factors.
***4K streaming requires native player on mobile device with codec support for 4K video files and is subject to mobile device capabilities, hardware and software components and configurations.
****Based on internal testing; performance may be lower depending on drive capacity, host device, OS and application. 1MB = 1,000,000 bytes.
*****1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. 1TB = 1,000,000,000,000 bytes. Actual user storage less.
1IEC 60529 IP55: Tested to withstand water flow (30 kPa) at 3 min.; limited dust contact does not interfere with operation. Must be clean and dry before use.
3Shock-resistant (up to 1500G) and vibration-resistant (5 gRMS, 10-2000 HZ), non-operating temperature (from -20°C to 70°C), operating temperature (from 0°C to 45°C).
For specification of the products, click My Passport Wireless SSD Spec Sheet